45% of Americans resolve to lose weight each year. Are you one of them? If so, we want to help you exercise and improve your DIY home skills at the same time! Check out these home maintenance projects and see how many calories you can burn while completing them around your home! *Calorie burn from CalorieLab.
Calorie Burn By Home Project
- Building a fence: 340 calories per hour
- Caulking windows and doors: 280 calories per hour
- Cleaning gutters: 272 calories per hour
- Installing ceramic tile: 238 calories per hour
- Interior painting: 136 calories per hour
- Chopping firewood: 340 calories per hour
- Mowing the lawn: 306 calories per hour
- Planting shrubs: 238 calories per hour
- Gardening: 204 calories per hour
Other Ideas To Get Your Home In Shape
The New Year is a great time to declutter, get organized, and prepare your home for the warmer months ahead. Check out the projects below to get inspired and shed unwanted items in your home and burn calories while doing it!
- Install shelving and organize your garage
- Clean out spare closets
- Plan a garage sale
- Declutter kitchen cabinets
- Donate or sell unused furniture
Interested in learning more ways to take care of your home? Follow us on Facebook for tips, information, and project ideas to get started!